JourneyPure’s Drug Rehab Aftercare Program
Many people who have gone through the process of addiction detox, rehabilitation, and recovery find life “outside the clinic” challenging. As a result, relapse is common when it comes to addiction treatment. Our drug rehab aftercare program in Florida is designed to counter patients’ tendency to relapse. With the JourneyPure’s aftercare planning program, patients and their families begin engaging with the outside world with the tools needed to continue their healthy lifestyles.
Benefits of Addiction Treatment Aftercare Programs
Clients and families who feel positively about the rehabilitation experience often express concern and even anxiety over the potential for an abusive relapse.
Once you leave rehab, it’s important to follow your program to the best of your ability. This includes following the aftercare plan created with your therapist at our facility. As part of your plan, you will attend 12-Step meetings for AA, NA, OA, or other local fellowships, and:
- Find a local therapist experienced in working with people in recovery. You can ask for recommendations from local friends in the program. You can also always contact our team with questions because we want to see you succeed even after you leave our rehab center.
- Find a sponsor and work with your sponsor on your own personal program recovery. Sponsors share their experience, strength, and hope. They offer a supportive friend and a guide to the program.
- Surround yourself with supportive family and friends who honor your commitment to recovery and help you believe in yourself.
- Take care of yourself. Part of sober living involves taking care of yourself by eating right, exercising, getting plenty of rest and recreation, and treating your body with respect.
Help is available 24/7 call this number for a free personal consultation and learn how our drug rehab aftercare program in Florida can help you! Call to get help now
What Is A Relapse?
A relapse is when a person uses drugs or alcohol after staying sober for a period of time, often with the help of detox or a residential or intensive outpatient treatment program.
It is critical that patients in addiction recovery remain in a treatment program long enough to learn how to manage drug cravings, address possible “triggers” in their everyday life, and cope with the stresses of everyday living.
Our Florida drug rehab aftercare programs help people continue to learn new and healthy ways to handle their emotions and deal with stress. They provide recovery support beyond the initial detox and treatment phase.
The Importance of a Drug Treatment Aftercare Program
Often, when a person completes residential or intensive outpatient addiction treatment, they feel extremely powerful. This is because they have recovered much of their physical health thanks to their new regimen of sleep, exercise, and sobriety. Patients might feel as if they do not need aftercare. This attitude can be dangerous, as people new to addiction recovery are much more vulnerable than they think.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the rate of relapse nationally falls somewhere between 40 and 60 percent. This rate is similar to the rates of relapse with other chronic diseases, like hypertension, asthma, or type 1 diabetes.
Drug treatment aftercare programs in Florida can be considered one more forward step in the lifelong process of addiction recovery. Once residential or intensive outpatient treatment is completed, our therapists perform a rigorous assessment of all clients’ needs. We provide each patient with a custom-designed aftercare program. This program increases the chances of living a sober and relapse-free lifestyle.
Building a Support Network
Many drug rehab aftercare programs in Florida heavily feature group therapy sessions. Group therapy is exactly what it sounds like: therapy conducted among a group of people, with a therapist moderating the session.
This form of therapy allows people in recovery to share their thoughts and feelings as they relate to the process of recovery. The process helps patients build supportive relationships with others who have traveled similar life paths. These relationships help clients and their families build on their new foundation of sobriety in a safe and empathetic way.
Those with more experience living soberly can offer sound advice on maintaining the clean lifestyle, while those in a position of expertise benefit from acting as a mentor to those needing guidance.
Aftercare is Family Care
Just as patients of our drug rehab aftercare program in Florida continue to work on their recovery through individual and group therapy, patients’ families also continue to address the damaging effects of substance abuse.
Whether they are children, parents, siblings, or otherwise, family members are often still dealing with past hurts caused by alcohol and drug addiction. Meanwhile, family members have not had access to the patient, and have not seen the hard work and growth that the patient has been doing since entering treatment.
When our clients and families continue being actively involved with the supportive community at JourneyPure, the chances of success increase greatly.
One of the most important aspects of recovery is group therapy. In group therapy, patients are free to talk honestly about their feelings.
The same goes for our designated family therapy sessions, where family members can share their feelings about the addiction and ongoing recovery process. In doing this, old patterns of behavior are identified and new trust is earned.
12 Steps to a Clean and Sober Lifestyle
Part of our drug rehab aftercare program in Florida includes following the world-renowned 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. Written in 1946, the 12 Steps make up the heart of AA’s program of personal recovery. The 12 Steps describe the experience of the earliest members of AA. They are:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol – that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
From these beginnings, the 12-step model of AA has evolved into one that is applied to a variety of addictions and behavioral health issues, including substance abuse, gambling, and eating disorders, as well as dual diagnosis, where two disorders occur at the same time.
The 12 Steps provide recovering substance abusers with a clear “path” forward to living a life of sobriety. When clients complete the everyday in-house care at JourneyPure, they often discover that, by following the 12 Step protocol, they can better manage the stresses and joys of life.
A Customized Approach TO drug rehab aftercare treatment
Because we offer each client a unique path to their own sobriety, we are proud to support our recovering family members with continued drug rehab aftercare treatment. Contact us and find out how our real recovery approach can help you or a loved one re-engage with once-loved people, work and activities today. 844-505-4799